Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Medieval Audio Podcasting

No, no -- that title isn't meant to suggest that people podcast during the Middle Ages*, but rather to direct you to some audio podcasts to which you can subscribe. I listen to them while I'm on my evening runs.

  • Chivalry Today is Scott Farrell's podcast promoting chivalric virtues in contemporary society. He's had a variety of interesting guests, including Steve Muhlberger, who will be familiar to Wordhoarders as a veteran medieval blogger.
  • Finding Camelot is Vangie Rich's podcast about, well, Camelot. These tend to be more along the lines of audio essays about a particular issue in Arthurian literature. I had thought that it went defunct at the end of last year, but Rich posted a new podcast in May of this year, so it's probably closer to the truth to say that it is a long time between updates.
  • The aptly-named Medieval Podcast tends to cover medieval church history. It appears to be defunct, but I listened to the few episodes that are available.
  • Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Michael Drout's Anglo-Saxon Aloud, which is essentially him reading Old English poetry.

Now, for some I haven't yet listened to:


There are probably others I don't know anything about ... any Wordhoarders have other treasures for us to hear?

*Though it would really be cool if they had. I'd love to hear Caedmon's podcast.

2 comments:

  1. Though it would really be cool if they had. I'd love to hear Caedmon's podcast.

    Well yeah, it would be way cool -- but Caedmon's podcast would just be Bede, talking in Latin. The Old English would be there, but I bet you'd have to listen to it backwards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:15 AM

    hi. i have been trying to download the ancient and medieval history podcast but have been unable to get it from your link. do you know where i can get it?

    ReplyDelete