Sunday, September 09, 2007

Take Medieval Lit Online -- and Vicariously!

If you've every thought, "Gee, I'd love to sit in on one of Nokes's classes. I'll bet he's a hoot / brilliant / an idiot / nuttier than Squirrel Thanksgiving" -- well, now you can (sort of)!

One of my students was experimenting with a new method of note-taking, and she posted her notes from one day of my Medieval Lit class. Just read those, and you're only two degrees of separation away from actually taking my class.*

To get my Superbad references, talk about British obituaries, discussions of the cultural anxieties regarding pedaphile priests, objections to the use of the term "proto-feminist," flippant quotations of Samuel Butler**, etc. .... you'd actually have to take the class to get all that stuff.

*Yes, I got her permission to link.
** Which I erroneously attributed to G.K. Chesterton, who said these things, but not that thing.

1 comment: