Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Elation!

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! This morning, when the sun came up, I showered and prepared to go to the University to search the parking lot for my jump drive. While I was in the shower, my wife looked in our driveway ... and saw it in the grass!

I've never loved her so much as at the moment she showed it to me.

After waiting a couple of hours to be sure all the dew had tried off it, I popped it in, and it worked perfectly. My first act? Backing it up on my fresh new hard drive.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your small miracle. And on a wise choice of first post-miracle acts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it turned out ok. Having had a similar situation (including the resolution of finding it in the driveway), I now back up my critical files online with X-Drive (5 GB of free online storage, from AoL) and not just to my thumb drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! As one who owns a computer consulting business, most of these cases I see don't have a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, you can truthfully claim to know both the depths of despair and the heights of joy.

    Condolences for the one and congratulations for the other.

    Jeffery Hodges

    * * *

    ReplyDelete