- Podictionary talks about the connections between the word affidavit and Alfred the Great. That's news to me, but I affy he's right.
- Apparently, Charlemagne wasn't the only monarch to keep exotic animals -- the lions at the Tower of London were of a now-extinct species.
- The Weird Medieval Animal of the Week fights the Weird Medieval Tribe of the Week over at Per Omnia Saecula.
- Heavenfield tells us about St. Geretrud, and the lost kingdom this month is Lindsey. I have to confess, I find the Lost Kingdom of the Month feature really interesting, moreso than a lit guy has the right to.
- This has been everywhere already, but just in case you missed it, there's now an English Medieval Legal Documents wiki.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Morning Medieval Miscellany
Here are just a few of the things you don't want to miss: