- Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a fresh blog post.
- Got Medieval has a fun little medieval fact or fiction quiz.
- The Weird Medieval Animal this week is the owl.
- Podictionary has a post on the word vellum. Also, Charles Hodgson is hitting the big time -- on Thursdays he'll be carried on the Oxford University Press blog.
- Quid Plura? tells us that NBC is working on a series called "Merlin," and he reminds us of the '80s series Mr. Merlin. Sometimes the mind blocks out painful memories.
- The Heroic Age has a CFP for the Monsters and the Monstrous:Myths and Metaphors of Enduring Evil conference at Oxford this September.
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Morning Medieval Miscellany
Lemme see how much of the medievalism I can clear out of the pipes before I head off to teach Milton. If I have time later today, I might post my review of Ashley Crownover's Wealtheow: Her Telling of Beowulf. Short verion -- I liked it.