- Got Medieval has a post on medieval depictions of midgets, dwarves, and babies.
- Heavenfield's Person of the Week is St. Egbert of Iona, and Michelle also has a post on verse hagiography.
- The Weird Medieval Animal this week is the ant-lion.
- Heroic Dreams offers the Top Five Fantasy Series of All Time. Go there and argue with him.
- Loreena McKennitt pops up over at In the Middle. Why have all the planets come into alignment to make her suddenly ubiquitous?
- Looking at urine might be useful.
- Matthew Gabriele gives CNN a well-deserved rant about their use of "medieval" to describe a shrimp factory. We all remember how Alcuin wrote that sermon condemning the conditions in medieval shrimp factories, don't we?
- Some chick over at The Naked Philologist posts about the word "bird."
- Mary Kate Hurley responds to the David Brooks article about medieval astronomy/astrology.
- Jeff Sypeck does too.
- Michael Drout has a close encounter with a crossbow.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Morning Medieval Miscellany
Here are just a few of the things that might deserve your attention: