- Got Medieval gives us "Conjoined Twin Guinevere" and announces a new feature called "Mmm ... Marginalia."
- The Weird Medieval Animal this week is the bat. He is accompanied by a small bear of the Franciscan Order.
- JJ Cohen calls for a nomadic, unsettled medieval studies. He doesn't seem to come to use the term "peripatetic" until the end -- dangit, JJ, that should be your central metaphor!*
- Medieval Material Culture has a bunch of new links, but my favorite is about a 9-year-old boy who found a hoard of medieval coins. I hope for his sake the Swedes know the phrase, "finders keepers, losers weepers!"
- Highly Eccentric is are among the medievalists giving dating advice from medieval historians for Nerve. I was planning to post my own responses to those questions, but I've got too much grading, dangit. Also, she has a whole bunch of interesting little posts over at The Naked Philologist.
- Steve Muhlberger returns to an earlier post on Saladin and the Arab view of the Crusades. Civ IV graphics ensue.
- News for Medievalists has a bunch of new posts, including one on an Academy of Historical Fencing which, alas, is much too far away for me to enroll.
- Podictionary has a post about the link between St. Francis and cappuccino. No, really!
*Wait ... did I just grade a blog post like it's a sophomore research paper? Argh! I need help, people!