Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My New Garb

I saved up my pennies, and finally had enough squirreled away to buy the Historic Enterprises Anglo-Saxon set.

Here's me with the whole set on. Fat guys like me need to wear the large tunic, which is also for tall guys, so it's pretty long on me. The trousers are rolled up about a foot! I had to re-take this image inside, because the shadows and light on the exterior picture weren't very good. That hat is a viking-style hat; I needed a hat for my bald head.
And here is me with just the tunic, trousers, and winingas. I'll probably wear this to anything outdoors I do in Alabama, since it's too blasted hot for all the wool of the full outfit. That's Harry in the corner.
I'll be wearing this to school on October 23rd for the Cotton Library party I throw in my Old English class.

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome! And now I can put a face to the name when I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:11 AM

    The dog is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:53 PM

    Stylin' and profilin' as always, Doc.

    Cotton Library party? Sounds fun -- you'll have to elaborate. I'm glad you mentioned it now well before our class starts, so I can make something now as apposed to later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:57 PM

    nice doggy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:19 PM

    Yeh! Nice doggy! LOL

    ReplyDelete