- Mmm ... Marginalia is about medieval butt-shooting.
- The Weird Medieval Animal of the Week is the whale.
- Moyen Age has "Les Aventures de Sir Reginald," a story told with toys. I just realized how much silliness is in today's miscellany.
- The Naked Philologist has a pair of posts on Gawain and Roland. The second post is the more-developed one.
- Jeff Sypeck at Quid Plura has a post on Alex Fajardo's Kid Beowulf, including a link to an interview with Lex that I couldn't get to open. Since I can't offer you that interview, here's a re-run of a previous post about Fajardo.
- Dr. Virago has a post on referring to medieval Christians as Catholics. An old pet peeve of mine, and one that my students do all the time.
- Scribal Terror tells us that mercury may have been used to treat certain medieval diseases. Maybe Henry IV should have tried the mercury cure. She also reminds us of good medieval hygiene.
- The Heroic Age has several new posts...
- ... as does Medieval Material Culture ...
- ... as does News for Medievalists ...
- ... as does Early Medieval Art.
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Morning Medieval Miscellany
Got the new store opened yesterday, finally, so I took the day off. It's been a long time since I took a weekday off, and it felt pretty good -- but back to work today! Here are some of the medieval offerings of the day: