- Heavenfield has "Audrey, Cuthbert, and the Durham Stole," showing that just because you're a churchman doesn't mean you can't be stylin'.
- The Weird Medieval Animal this week is the cock. Insert your own ribald pun here.
- The Heroic Age has an update with a CfP and a job opening, as well as an obituary for Michael Hendy.
- Heroic Dreams has a post on catapults.
- In the Middle has a post on gender in the Middle Ages.
- Speaking of gender, the Naked Philologist discusses the anachronism in talking about "anti-feminism" in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
- Magistra responds to a Timothy Burke post on the justifications of history in the third entry of Modern Medieval's Blog Forum. I just realized that Magister et Mater is on my blogroll, but somehow wasn't in my RSS feed, so I've corrected that.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Morning Medieval Miscellany
The occupation of my territories by various relatives continues, but my list of things to go in the Miscellany grows (along with a very long list of things to do when I can get to the office), so here's a partial Miscellany, which will be as long as I can do before kids start coming in here and talking to me. Unlike usual, I may not have read all these entries very carefully: