Friday, October 24, 2008

Recitations: "The Wanderer" and "The Seafarer"

As you can see from the various recitations I'll be posting over the next couple of days, my students didn't do so well on actually memorizing their recitations, and they were probably less likely to go from memory on YouTube where everyone can see it.

Still, just two months ago they couldn't have handled OE poetry with any fluency at all, so we're moving along nicely. Here are the first 20-0r-so lines of "The Wanderer," recited by Katie Capps:



... and here are the first 17 lines of "The Seafarer," recited by Janna Livingston:



Let me just remind all those people following along with the class (my best guess is that there are about 30 of you still active), that you are invited to do recitations and post them.

1 comment:

  1. i e-mailed you my link, but here it is again:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucDcFghBXhE

    gotta get that extra credit!

    ReplyDelete