Friday, November 14, 2008

Guest Blogger Sought

As I've mentioned before, it's getting too difficult to do the Morning Medieval Miscellanies until my new computer gets here. I could do them at home, but with the kiddies getting older, more and more of their homework has to be done on the computer, limiting my access at home.

The new office computer has been approved, ordered, et cetera, and I'm just waiting on delivery, but apparently it's being delivered by Godot. So, what to do in the meantime?

I've decided that this would be a good chance to take on a guest blogger. I am especially interested in finding someone who is a graduate student and doesn't already have their own blog -- since presumably those with their own blogs are already writing what they want to write, and this is an opportunity to bring someone new into the conversation.

So, how about it? Are there any grad students out there who have been lurking but felt they really weren't in a position to say anything yet? The Miscellanies are a pretty good way to get your feet wet, because they give you a sense of what people are talking about at the moment, but you don't have to be an expert -- all you have to do is understand it well enough to send people there with a link.

I'll probably reassume MMM duties when my Fred Flintstone computer has been replaced, so this wouldn't be a long-term commitment. If I get several people interested, I'll just divide the duties: "You do this week, you do that week."

Hear that sound? It's opportunity knocking. You can get your name out there and become a more visible part of this community.

1 comment:

  1. The new office computer has been approved, ordered, et cetera, and I'm just waiting on delivery, but apparently it's being delivered by Godot.

    Or by Guffman.

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete