- Quid Plura gives us a bit on failed medieval attempts to fly.
- Muhlberger's Early History has musings on C.S. Lewis's musings on courtly love.
- Heavenfield examines Bernicians and northern hegemony in early England.
- The 5th Annual MANCASS Postgraduate Conference calls for papers, courtesy The Heroic Age, where you may also find a bit on Old Irish grammar and the first Lindsay Young Visiting Fellowship..
- Got Medieval gives us notable medieval dates in December.
Monday, December 01, 2008
Morning Medieval Miscellany
Karma here, with a short miscellany after a long drive (and before what promises to be an even longer day). I am comforted by the knowledge that I sally forth bravely into the overcast morning on the very same day of the month when the Lombard League united northern Italy against Frederik I, in 1167 (thanks, Got Medieval). Wish I had a carroccio instead of a shuttle waiting for me, though - would make for a more amusing trip to campus, anyway.