Friday, March 13, 2009

Morning Medieval Miscellany

Muhahaha! Now for a second time, I'm taking over the Morning Medieval Miscellany! I'm out of control!
  • Steven Till has a discussion going of the "five foundational books of medieval history."
  • Via Cinerati, Geekerati has a BlogTalkRadio discussion of Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne (book) and Dragon Age: Origins (video game).
  • Heroic Dreams has images, video, and discussion of Will Kalif's new sword.
  • NinaLog points us to a medieval names archive. If anyone cares, whenever I'm called upon to have a medieval name (on a computer game, or SCA, or whatever), I generally use "Wulfstan" because a.) It's a cool name, and b.) I really like the Wulfstan who wrote the Sermo Lupi ad Anglos. Given the pun on his name in the title, I'm guessing he thought it's a cool name, too.
  • Old Norse News has a list of medieval papers scheduled for the Society for Advancement of Scandinavian Studies meeting.
Spring Break is ending now, so I'll leave the Miscellanies for Karma and Rivkah until my new computer gets here ... it just takes too long on this old computer (this post has taken about an hour!) I leave you with the trailer for Beowulf: A Thousand Years of Baggage. h/t News for Medievalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment