- Cranky Professor uncrankily discusses the layers in a 9th century mosaic.
- Eileen Joy reminds us of the "Glossing is Glorious" conference this weekend, as does Nic D'Alessio.
- Lingwe calls into question the math of my student calculating the Miltonian distance between Heaven and Hell.
- Magistra et Mater has a post on rationality and irrationality in medieval economics.
- News for Medievalists has updates on the medieval implications of the recent earthquake in Italy.
- Apparently, medieval Hungarians ritually sacrificed dogs. h/t Ninalog
- The final arrange for the K'zoo medieval bloggers meet-up are set.
- Quid Plura has an image of a little-known avatar of Thor.
- Steven Till has a post on Cerdic, first king of Wessex.
- Studies of Popular Culture and the Middle Ages has their mission statement, a list of relevant sessions at PCA/ACA this week, and a CfP for the International Congress on Medievalism.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Morning Medieval Miscellany
A quick MMM before heading off to Nawlins.