- A Commonplace Book has images from Pennsic.
- Gypsy Scholar has a post on Rémi Brague and medieval philosophy.
- The Lost Fort has a visit to Dunstaffnage Castle.
- Medieval News tells us of a 7th-century city discovered in Turkey.
- Podictionary tells us how the word tawdry comes from the 7th-century virgin St. Audrey. Fascinating.
- There was a ship graveyard found in the Baltic off the coast of Sweden, with ships going back to the Viking age.
- About.com tells us about Pope Innocent III.
- Firefly Studios has a "medieval fact of the week" series to promote their game "Stronghold Kingdoms." It looks like the game is going to be a historically-based MMO.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Morning Medieval Miscellany
After going two weeks without a Miscellany, I hit the reset button on the inter-net-o-web-o-sphere, and here's what's come up since then: