- Medievalists.net has an interview with Ian Mortimer about his book The Time-Travellers Guide to Medieval England.
- The Medieval Word of the Day is wall-walk.
- Canterbury Cathedral is being repaired with duct tape, which I think is supposed to outrage us, but instead makes me think of the incredible utility of duct tape. h/t Steven Till.
- News for Medievalists has an article on artifacts found at Brechin Cathedral and one on Scottish castles for sale.
- Mearcstapa has a CfP for Leeds 2010, "Exploring the Monstrous."
- DARC has images from Viking Hill at Bonfield.
- The Heroic Age has almost 20 new CfPs and other announcements.
- Medieval Material Culture discusses three exhibits: a Cardiff exhibit on the Welsh view of the Crusades, more on the Nuremberg Mahzor, and a Vienna exhibit on Charles the Bold.
- A Johns Hopkins student killed an intruder with a samurai sword.
- George and the Dragon is, to my knowledge, Patrick Swayze's only medievalist role.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Morning Medieval Miscellany
For your Tuesday: