- I spoke to Alexis Fajardo, creator of Kid Beowulf, by telephone yesterday, but haven't yet had the time to give that the write-up it deserves. If I get my advance copy of the comic very soon, I might just hold off a do a single hefty piece on it. If you missed my previous post on Kid Beowulf, here it is.
- In the Middle has a post on giants as builders in History of the Kings of Britain.
- Moyen Age has an account of the burning of the Wycch of Eye.
- I don't do nearly enough on Robin Hood, and I'm not sure why. In partial repentence of that omission is this article about the Sheriff of Nottingham's dungeons. Apparently you can visit them!
- Jennifer Lynn Jordan links to and comments about an article suggesting a possible link between Black Death resistance and AIDS resistance.
- I'm still nailing down my late-November Beowulf event details. Early next week I'll contact local media to see if any of them are interested in covering it. At the moment, I'm trying to get some corporate sponsor to provide freebies (probably nice editions of Beowulf) to give out in a Beowulf trivia contest.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
And once again I've got a couple of deadlines bearing down on me at the same time, so I don't have time to give some items in the medieval universe the attention they deserve. Here's a round-up: