Still, here are some reviews and review-esque links that you shouldn't miss:
- Michael Drout's pleasure from nude philology.
- Jeff Sypeck on Grendel. I might blog more about that later.
- Mary Kate Hurley has a meditation on Beowulf, fate, and Bethlehem steel that reminded me of this short film version of "The Ruin."
- Steve Muhlberger has a short review, mostly discussing other reviews.
- Jeffery Hodges has his own review, and in a later post questions my impression that the film was supposed to be anti-Christian.
- My friend Fyre has her own review. She's not a scholar or an amateur medievalist, but I just like directing traffic her way every now and then.