Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Medieval Material Culture Blog

Here's a newish blog on Medieval Material Culture, at which I learned, among other things, that Giovanni Boccaccio's house is now open to the public. Heck, I didn't even know it was still standing!

In a bit of a tangent, I was messing about in Second Life for my interdisciplinary class on constructing humanity and race, and discovered that one of the family names you can take for your avatar is "Boccaccio." I tried for "Beowulf Boccaccio," which was already taken, and settled on the less-metrically-pleasing "Chaucer Boccaccio."

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah! I'm so glad you are going virtually medieval! I've been playing in SL for over 3 years as Anahita Veil.

    I'll send you a friend invite and if I ever see you in there I'll say hello...and maybe show you some really great history SIMs if you are interested. Would you believe that the SCA has a virtual presence there?

    ReplyDelete