- Jonathan Jarrett has a post on a study comparing scribal error to genetic mutation.
- The Medieval Term of the Week is villein.
- Jeff Sypeck reminds us of of some of the less-glorious pop culture moments for Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
- Moyen Age has images from the Mouse Guard series.
- Medieval Material Culture has a post that might explain why my mother's favorite term for a shady character is a "hood."
- Heroic Dreams points us to a new fantasy website, The Fantasy Guide, and also discusses the archetypal struggle between knights and dragons.
- Jennifer Lynn Jordan presents a new This Week in Medieval History, and the Weird Medieval Animal of the week is the unicorn.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Morning Medieval Miscellany
Some upcoming stuff: I'll be a guest on the next Chivalry Today show, I'll be visiting the Atlanta-area Renaissance Faire in a couple of weeks (as a patron), and I'll be at Kalamazoo for the International Medieval Congress. On to the Miscellany!