OK, enough of me taunting you about how awesome my students are while yours are the suckiest bunch of sucks to ever suck in Sucktown (to paraphrase Homer Simpson). Here are some other awesome things:
- A Commonplace Book has the Deeds of Arms at St. Festus Faire, and a link to "The Actions for Sword and Rotella from the Bolognese School of Swordsmanship." The student handbook at my high school was far less interesting.
- I've missed several things from A Corner of Tenth Century Europe, so let me just give you the three parts of the What is the Point of Charters series.
- H. Bolingbroke hath a post, which is notable for, among other things, using the word "yclept" that I talked about in class today.
- As you all know, I'm a sucker for any Mmm...Marginalia with monkeys. I just found out I'll be seeing Carl Pyrdum at the Regional Medievalisms conference too, where I expect him to regale my students with fantastical tales of marginal primates.
- Haligweorc has a post on the Dream of the Rood, a favorite poem of about every Anglo-Saxonist ever, even (especially?) the non-Christian ones.
- Heavenfield has three posts of note: one on apostate Picts, one on Anglo-Saxon leechcraft, and one on stone churches.
- The Heroic Age has all sorts of CfPs and links.
- Heroic Dreams has a post about building a medieval castle over the long run.
- In the Middle sends us to the new Forum for Medieval and Renaissance Studies in Ireland.