- The Carta Marina is technically early modern, but I wanted to link to it anyway. So there.
- Jonathan Jarrett reports on The World Before Domesday: The English Aristocracy 871-1066, or a seminar about the topic, anyway. Also, Jarrett teases out a thriller between the lines of abbey records.
- The Cranky Professor takes us to the Middle Ages according to Lego. It's $99 in the US, and Christmas is only a few months away. I'm just saying, you know.
- Got Medieval has had about a half dozen new posts since the last Miscellany, including one with a maiden performing an unspeakable act on a unicorn. Carl says the maiden is preparing it to be ridden by the monkey, but it sure looks sleazier than that to me.
- The Heroic Age has its usual list of CfPs. Hey grad students, wonder what sorts of things to write about to get published? Well, they wouldn't be doing CfPs if there weren't an interest in the subject. Spend some time scrolling through The Heroic Age, and you'll get a sense of what's hot in the field right now.
- Medieval Dreams tells how to make cardboard shields for Halloween, and also reviews some medieval RPGs for the PC.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Morning Medieval Miscellany
I'm back from Regional Medievalisms at Macon. I'll probably have a report when my minions send me images to put on the website. Until then: