Friday, December 02, 2005

A Great Place for a Supervillian Lair

I take a break from grading term papers to bring you this:

If you live in a town called Rattenberg (pronounced "Rottenberg") that has no sunlight because the sun is blocked out by Rat Mountain, and someone comes up with a scheme involving giant mirrors -- it's time to move.

Really, now. Rottenberg? Rat Mountain? No sunlight? A mayor named "Wurzenrainer?" Not even Montgomery Burns would live there. I mean, this town is just over the top.

3 comments:

  1. And from his lair deep within Rat Mountain, Ratman plotted his newest fiendish scheme...

    "Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rattmann has his opponents though.

    Deep in the shadows of Rattenberg (rah-ten-berg) der Rattenfänger fights crime avenging the childhood murder of his parents.

    He is joined in his quest by his loyal sidekick...der Kammerjäger.

    Of course, if the translation is bad and Rattenberg is instead a use of the word der Rat (council or advice) things are vastly different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I can't believe I missed a Pinky and the Brain reference.

    I will now lash myself repeatedly with a wet noodle.

    ReplyDelete