Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Morning Medieval Miscellany

A few things this morning:
  • JJ Cohen watched The Backyardigans: Tale of the Mighty Knights. I only saw about the first ten minutes before I had to leave for an appointment. I was a little surprised by the rock music, and asked my kids if that was the usual soundtrack for the Backyardigans. They looked at me with scorn and replied, "No, daddy. It's a baby show."
  • Per Omnia Saecula gives us the allocamelus, the animal that gets medieval on both your ass and your camel.
  • Sarah Winters will be speaking at Nipissing University on "From the White Witch to the Dark Mark: Evil in Children's Fantasy Since WWII."

1 comment:

  1. FYI -- the Backyardigans episodes each present a different musical style; some of my favourites have been 50's swing, Ella Fitzgerald-style jazz (that was another Medieval-themed episode, "Knights are Brave and Strong"), James Brown-style soul, and Gilbert and Sullivan. There's also been hiphop, Bollywood, Puccini... you get the idea.

    I'm very sad that the movie didn't air in Canada last night. I don't know when we'll see it...

    Can you tell I have a 15-month old child?

    ReplyDelete