Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Morning Medieval Miscellany

As part of my pledge to do the MMM even when there are only a few items, I offer you:
  • Got Medieval has some comments on the new Lego Castle Giant Chess Set. WARNING: If your child is into both medievalism and chess, he'll likely get beat up a lot at school. Start taking him to martial arts classes immediately!
  • Until Scribal Terror's post on him, I had no idea the Pied Piper of Hamelin was really a medieval story. It always seemed to me more like an Early Modern story about medieval characters. The Lueneburg manuscript might be very late medieval, but it does qualify as medieval -- if for no other reason than that it's a manuscript! Here are a few more versions of the story, as well as a little more information.
By the way, Kalamazoo is coming up soon, and lots of medieval blogs are commenting on it. I think I'll post a brief post 'splaining what this mysterious "Kalamazoo" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment