Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Middle Ages Have Been Cancelled. Please Move Directly to the Early Modern Period.

Well, not really ... it's just that I've got a houseful of relatives, so I'm not really able to do any writing, editing, or keeping up with the blogosphere. Earlier I tried to read a viking saga, and kept re-reading the same paragraph over and over as I got interrupted.

Indeed, right now I've got a four-year-old repeating "What are you typing?" ad naseum right next to me. Maybe I'll try doing a Morning Medieval Miscellany at night ... kind of like when Saturday Night Live was taped and didn't air on Saturdays.

Just to be a nice guy, I'll embed a video of a pretty girl in medieval garb playing the dulcimer. Does she look a little like the Mona Lisa to you?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:26 PM

    What Viking saga were you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Egil's Saga" -- you can read my comments about it in my most recent post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:30 AM

    Thanks, I'll go back and read that post.

    ReplyDelete