Sunday, April 05, 2009

Morning Medieval Miscellany

For your enjoyment on this Sunday morning:
  • Medieval Material Culture Blog says that there's an archaeology exhibit in Freiburg through July 26th. As I don't read German, I'll take her word for it.
  • The Medieval History Term of the Week is entry fine.
  • Medieval Silkwork is working on a project "based on a ca. 1300 purse in the Sint Servaas treasury in Maastricht."
  • News for Medievalists has an update with links to medieval headlines and new medieval articles online, including an announcement of a lecture entitled "How Medieval Nuns Invented the Postcard." That's absolutely ridiculous, of course. Everyone knows the postcard was invented by the Earl of Postcard, who didn't want to interrupt his card game to write a lengthy letter, so he popped of a few words on the back of the sketch of a sandwich. Or something like that.
Can you tell I'm taking great pleasure in being able to post Miscellanies again?

Oh, and by the way, I've been watching the BBC Robin Hood all week, and I'm finding the ideology of the show curious. I may post on that later if I'm not too busy preparing for PCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment