- Peter Pormann of the University of Warwick has a series of audio podcasts on medieval Islam.
- Archaeology in Europe has an update with over a dozen new posts, many of them medieval.
- In the Feudal Transformation series, Jonathan Jarrett has "The Unbearable Emptiness of Being Post-Roman."
- Got Medieval discusses the medieval origins of Portugeuse Water Dogs.
- The Medieval Club of New York announces the lecture "Information by the Way: Townspeople and Cultural Networks in Later Medieval England" on May 1st.
- Medieval Material Culture Blog points us to a manuscript exhibition, and the Art of the Samurai.
- Modern Medieval links to a podcast of "Christianity and the Emperor between Diocletian and Constantine." Not strictly medieval, but there 'tis.
- Medieval News has an update with a few new items, including word that a medievalist, Hussein Anwar Fancy, has won a Carnegie Scholarship. Congratulations to Professor Fancy!
- Jennifer Lynn Jordan has a drawing of the Plantagenets.
- Getting Medieval has a post on the Canterbury Tales.
- Medieval Silkwork has all sorts of images of frilled veils.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Morning Medieval Miscellany
It's the last full week of classes here at Troy University, with all the accompanying insanity! I hope these links help you hold on to the frayed edges of your psyche.