Thursday, April 06, 2006

Rate My Professors

In response to this post on RateMyProfessors, most of the comments have to do with the possibility of "tampering" by professors giving themselves high ratings or chili peppers.

I openly admit that I posted one of my own ratings. I had gotten on and saw that I only had two or three ratings (all good at that time), no chili peppers, and no comments.

Clearly, there was some sort of catastrophic computer malfunction, as it is simply not possible that any student (with the possible exception of a seriously deranged person) could rate me without offering me a chili pepper. My hotness, after all, is of a magnitude that it must be measured on a special scale. You know how zero degrees Kelvin is absolute zero? Well, one hundred degrees Nokes is absolute hotness.

In response to this problem, I decided to write up my own evaluation, complete with comments and chili pepper, as a public service. Can you folks out there spot my own evaluation of myself?

By the way, my favorite rating of me is not a positive one -- it is the one in which a student says all the bad things she can think about me, then tops it off with "and he's a Yankee!" I can't deny it.

While readers are looking through my ratings to spot my self-evaluation (it isn't that hard), I want to encourage you to feel free to rate me whether you've had a class with me or not. Good or bad, I don't care, just as long as it's amusing.

8 comments:

  1. Of yours, my fav was: "BAD TEACHER!!! DON'T TAKE!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:31 PM

    I left a comment. In retrospect, it didn't help your ratings at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:02 PM

    As a Troy student, I actually went to this site to see how the professors were rated. Most of the complaints were along the lines of, "this guy can't teach! he's too hard! what a jerk!" -- nothing that I'd want to take to heart.

    I think I know which one is yours...but it doesn't have a chilli pepper?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:18 PM

    "and he's a Yankee!"

    ???

    Why did she follow up a bunch of bad things with something that can only be construed to be a compliment?

    Everyone, follow along with me...

    Ask yourself: Are you from the South?

    You're not??

    Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cappy:

    I don't think you are helping the Yankee cause. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:18 AM

    Meister Eckhart couldn't have a better approach to this whole rating site: want nothing, know nothing, have nothing.

    Cheers from UBC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:29 PM

    There are a bunch of websites that followed the original idea. One of such awesome sites that also gives a bunch of information including professor ratings is http://www.freestudentedu.com

    They offer free essays, free research papers, GPA calculator, free books classifieds. One must visit Free Student Edu site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. in my case I can't say nothing bad about my teachers, well all of them was a total mess with me, some of them inclusive drank with us, and I want to talk aobut my Biology teacher Monica...but that history is not for this post jarjarjarjar.

    ReplyDelete