Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hail, Herr Professor Doktor Boethius P. von Korncrake!

If you are a geek medieval academic like me, you'll not be able to read the account of Herr Professor Doktor Boethius P. von Korncrake in Kalamazoo without spewing your imported, hand-harvested green tea out of your nose.

Only if you are a Boethius geek (and there must be so, so many of us out there in the world) will you truly appreciate the glory that is Manolo the Shoeblogger's The Consolation of Shoes, with special attention to the excerpt. I must diligently search the booksellers' room at Kalamazoo for a copy of this important tome, especially because of the oft-noted-yet-little-read introduction by Herr Professor Doktor Boethius P. von Korncrake.

I must confess that I am not as familiar with the scholarly work of von Korncrake as I might be. I invite my readers to review his scholarship in the contents section below.

hat tip In the Middle

No comments:

Post a Comment