- Archaeology in Europe has 17(!) new posts since the last Miscellany.
- News for Medievalists has three als0.
- Chaucer applies Boethius in Iran.
- The Heroic Age has various new CfPs and other announcements.
- Heroic Dreams talks about Hidden Legend mead.
- Magistra et Mater takes to task our modern ideologies about medieval women.
- Moyen Age has a midsummer quote from The Land Book of Troy. I've never read TLBoT, and given that it's 500+ pages online, I never will unless I get a paper copy.
- The Medieval History Term of the Week is banneret.
- A Stitch in Time reports on the Lamboy-Fest in Hanau.
- Studies of Popular Culture and the Middle Ages tells us that Primeval is on TV, and will have a medieval knight.
- Food History discusses food in Narnia.
- Someone over at Yahoo Answers posted this question: "Who divided medieval english literature into canonical and non-canonical classifications?" Anyone want to go over there and give it a shot? I'm not sure how to answer that.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Morning Medieval Miscellany
Morning is almost over, so in some time zones this will be an Early Afternoon Medieval Miscellany -- though I suppose all the Wordhoarders in Europe, Africa (which has only a few), Asia and Down Under have always had to take the word "morning" with a grain of salt.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment