- Henchminion has a couple of links to medieval recipes.
- Per Omnia Saecula has another installment of Today in Medieval History, in which JLJ examines why we should be happy not to be bitten to death by poisonous snakes.
- News for Medievalists has an update.
- Jeff Sypeck writes about the brass horse in The Squire's Tale. Do not miss clicking on the "Big Dog" video link!
- Dr. Virago and Another Damned Medievalist are plotting this year's K'zoo blogger meet-up.
- The medieval term of the day is falchion.
- Scribal Terror tells us newly-discovered sermons of St. Augustine, as well as medieval horse dung ... which still doesn't compare to the famous Lloyd's Bank Viking turd.**
*TV, not job. I have to clarify that lest my department chair panic.
**By the way, in looking for that post, I just discovered I'm the 3rd hit if you google the phrase "viking turd." My mother will be so proud.